How can I participate?
You can only register as an individual delegate (applying for a certain committee and/or country). If you are part of a group, you can tell us so at registration.
Who can participate?
Applicants must be enrolled in a study programme leading to a university degree. Students of all fields of study are welcome. Only requirements are fluency in English and a strong interest for the work of the UN.
Until when do I have to register?
The registration ends on March 3rd.
Is there an age restriction?
Yes, there is one. Limiting age is 30 years.
Can I represent my own country?
No, you have to represent a country which is not your own, but you have the opportunity to state your preferences. We will try to consider them however it is not always possible.
How much are the fees for participating in MUIMUN?
If you make your registration until 31st of December the fees are 85,-€. After that date you have to pay 95,-€.
The fees include:
- daily lunch (from Tue to Fri)
- shuttle service
- coffee, water and biscuits during the conference
- an original, high quality MUIMUN conference bag that includes a lot of information material (e.g. a city map, the delegate handbook, brochures, writing paper and biros…
- a Global Village event and free entrance to our Farewell Party
- other activities during the whole week e.g. a night-watchman’s tour
- and many other things
Are accommodation costs included?
No, but MUIMUN can provide accommodation for extra fees.
How can I cancel my registration?
If you are not able to participate and you want to cancel your registration, we will refund your delegate fee and costs of accommodatione gradually:
cancellation until Dec 31st: 100% repayment
cancellation until Feb 28th: 50% repayment
cancellation after Feb 28th: 0% repayment
How do I know which country I will represent?
There will be a first assignment of delegations for delegates who register before 31st December 2011. Afterwards you will get informed about your country and committee assignements as soon as the countries are distributed among all other delegates.
What can I do for preparation?
Usually the chairs of your committee inform you about the necessary steps ahead. In generell it is helpful to inform yourself about the topics which will be relevant in your committe and to get facts and knowledge about the country you represent. Some chairs may ask you to prepare a position paper.
What is a position paper?
In general it is an essay that presents your opinion about the committee topics. You issue your statement as a delegate of your allocated country.
What do I have to consider when I need a visa?
If you are coming from a country whose citizens require visas, we advice you to apply for one as soon as possible since experience has proven that it may take some intensive preparation. If necessary, we can provide you with an invitation letter you can present to the German embassy. In this case, please send us an email as soon as possible including personal information (name like it is in passport, passport number, date of birth, name of university)
Where can I evaluate whether I need a visa for my stay in Germany?
1. Visit the page http://auswaertiges-amt.de/ (switch to English)
2. Under “Welcome to Germany”, please choose “Coming to or Staying in Germany”
3. Under “Visa Regulation” information are provided on your visa status, and – if necessary – how you can apply for a visa.
Who can apply as a scholar?
You can apply if:
- You are a student following a programme leading to a university degree
- You are from a developing country
- You are interested in participating in MUIMUN 2010 but you don’t have the financial means for journey, accommodation, etc.
How can I apply for a scholarship?
You have to fill out the application form and have two professors, former employers etc. fill in the reference form for you. You just send the three documents to email@example.com and your application is running!
What does the scholarship offer?
You can apply for different financial supports during the one-week conference. If you apply for the whole package, it includes
1) accommodation for the week,
2) travel expenses (flight, journey from the airport to Münster) and
3) the conference fee.
But you can also apply for only one or two options of the financial support (i.e. if you have the financial means to pay a part of your expenses yourself). In general, we ask you to only demand the financial support you really need so that we can accept a maximum of schlars!
As a scholar, when do I have to register officially for the MUIMUN conference?
If you are selected as a scholar, you can register officially under Registration rubrique as a participant in MUIMUN 2012.